Marlin Spring is a Toronto-based real estate investment firm which strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions residential assets throughout North America. Since 2013, Marlin Spring has seen substantial growth having acquired over 30 residential projects, consisting of over 8,600 residential units which are currently in various stages of development, construction repositioning and completion across Canada and the United States. Marlin Spring is an active investor in both development and the multifamily residential sector and has an extensive team of real estate professionals involved in all aspects of the acquisition, development, construction and asset management of its portfolio.
Marlin Spring is seeking a development coordinator to assist with mid and high rise development projects in Toronto. The successful candidate will work closely our acquisitions and development team on a variety of projects at different stages of planning and development.
Marlin Spring brings a fresh, innovative and vibrant energy to the rapidly changing world of residential development. With experience and knowledge spanning over 60 years in the industry, we are equipped to produce truly inspiring, forward-thinking and imaginative products.
Marlin Spring is the proud recipient of the 2019-20 Canadian Business Excellence Awards for Private Businesses and ranks 5th on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 Startup 50 list of Canada's top new growth companies.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assists with the coordination of all aspects of development applications including Official Plan Amendments, Plan of Subdivisions, Zoning By-law Amendments, Committee of Adjustment and Condominiums applications, etc. including initial due diligence, preparation of initial submissions, revisions to comments, finalizing any relevant agreements, clearing conditions, and registering plans
- Assists the development team with preparation of development schedules, especially as they relate to the planning approvals and construction permit process.
- Assists with acquisitions, including initial site identification, planning analysis and development potential.
- Researches specific political, regulatory, and market trends within the development industry.
- Succinctly and accurately prepares agenda and minutes for internal and external meetings to track project progress as well and on-going responsibilities and deadlines.
- Works with the development team and assists with general administration as required.
In This Role, You’ll Be Working With:
- Department: Acquisitions and Development
- Reporting: Development Manager
to analyze and interpret legal and regulatory documents such as official
plans and zoning bylaws.
to analyze site, building and suite plans as well as other technical drawings.
- Good working
knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel (financial modelling and AutoCAD
experience is considered a plus).
communication skills: listening, verbal, written, and graphic.
concise, and cogent writing as well as compelling PowerPoint presentations are
collaboration and interpersonal skills.
thoroughness and attention to detail, while also possessing a high-level
- Preferably two years of experience working in real estate development in the City of Toronto.
- Master of Planning Degree preferred. Engineering or Finance degree would also be suitable for the role.
What It’s Like to Work at Marlin Spring:
Marlin Spring is a fast growing company with an enthusiastic, dynamic and engaging corporate culture. We foster a professional, transparent philosophy that promotes talent and acumen while providing our team with a contemporary, progressive and adaptive working environment. We take pride in our culture of friendship and collaboration and achieve this by maintaining open and thoughtful leadership and guide our team members towards personal growth and success. We celebrate our milestones together with regular social events and enjoy spending time together as a team.