Marlin Spring is a Toronto-based real estate investment firm which strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions residential assets throughout North America. Since 2013, Marlin Spring has seen substantial growth having acquired over 30 residential projects, consisting of over 8,600 residential units which are currently in various stages of development, construction repositioning and completion across Canada and the United States. Marlin Spring is an active investor in both development and the multifamily residential sector and has an extensive team of real estate professionals involved in all aspects of the acquisition, development, construction and asset management of its portfolio.
The Leasing Manager is responsible for all leasing functions and directs the occupancy and new business efforts of new and existing condominiums under the Marlin Spring umbrella. This role requires an independent individual capable of managing all aspects of leasing services and deliverables within a development company and is restricted to leasing efforts related to communities that are under the development company only. In this role, the individual would be responsible for providing exceptional service to community residents, future residents, vendors, and the corporate management team. The Leasing Manager also takes an active role in the external marketing and advertising of vacancies and liaises frequently with property management on site.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Advertise leasing services to new and existing property owners under the Marlin Spring portfolio including programmed introductions prior to new building completions.
- Complete lease/renewal paperwork to ensure completion to company and government standards.
- Explain lease information to residents and ensure potential tenants are screened for baseline tenant requirements.
- Ensure all traffic is entered into the system to track leasing activities and maintain unit/lot files for any active clients – leased, renewing or unleased.
- Walk apartment units / homes prior to showing and occupancy by tenant.
- Review leasing paperwork, and audit lease files.
- Submit weekly and monthly leasing reports as required.
- Track and evaluate advertising, and all client traffic.
- Ensure online advertising and unit availability is reviewed and updated daily including external advertising sites and corporate leasing site.
- Prepare marketing plans, leasing strategies, and advertising proposals.
- Maintain professional communication with residents, applicants, and other representatives.
- Report all property issues, leasing objections, and potential liabilities along with recommendations for solving such issues to Property Manager.
- Prepare and maintain complete resident and general office files; keeping proper documentation at all times.
- Maintain Renter's Insurance compliance per company policies and procedures.
- Monitor Month-to-Month leases, complete monthly audit and ensure MTM lease compliance.
- Shop competition to keep abreast of local market conditions and lease rates.
- Track work order activity including monitoring completion each day and follow up warm calls.
- Implement and maintain lease expiration matrix in accordance with established policies.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment with work from home capabilities.
- Ability to interact with others in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prior sales experience required.
- Prior leasing experience required.
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Minimum travel to local offices for meetings and training sessions or to facilitate market research activities. Travel to condominiums or homes as required for assessments, documenting and lease set up purposes.
What It’s Like to Work at Marlin Spring:
Marlin Spring is a fast growing company with an enthusiastic, dynamic and engaging corporate culture. We foster a professional, transparent philosophy that promotes talent and acumen while providing our team with a contemporary, progressive and adaptive working environment. We take pride in our culture of friendship and collaboration and achieve this by maintaining open and thoughtful leadership and guide our team members towards personal growth and success. We celebrate our milestones together with regular social events and enjoy spending time together as a team.