Marlin Spring is a Toronto-based real estate investment firm which strategically acquires, develops, constructs and repositions residential assets throughout North America. Since 2013, Marlin Spring has seen substantial growth having acquired over 30 residential projects, consisting of over 8,600 residential units which are currently in various stages of development, construction repositioning and completion across Canada and the United States. Marlin Spring is an active investor in both development and the multifamily residential sector and has an extensive team of real estate professionals involved in all aspects of the acquisition, development, construction and asset management of its portfolio.
Marlin Spring is seeking a strong, detail-oriented candidate to join the Investments group to oversee the evaluation of Seniors’ Housing investment opportunities including market and demographic research, property due diligence, financial modeling and underwriting.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Real Estate; CFA or MBA preferred
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Must have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across the organization
- Must be extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively within a team, facilitating discussions and debate, mediating conflict and nurturing collaboration
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with external partners/suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative, team orientated, hard working
What You’ll Be Doing:
- ACQUISITION/DISPOSITION UNDERWRITING: Oversee and provide guidance for all underwriting and valuation analysis (including P&L forecasts, calculate returns, sensitivity analysis, and other financial and market diligence) in respect of prospective new development and acquisitions
- MARKET EVALUATION: Oversee and provide guidance and support in the analysis of markets and properties for potential acquisitions and prepare presentations/summaries to support decision making
- DUE DILIGENCE SUPPORT: Oversee due diligence efforts for prospective acquisitions/dispositions by liaising with brokerage firms, prospective buyers/sellers and deal teams, as required
- PRESENTATIONS: Oversee the preparation of any investment/divestment approval packages and also provide quarterly updates of investment activity
- AD HOC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS: Manage all analytical support as required in carrying out analyses to assist the Investment team with decision-making
- RELATIONSHIPS: Identify, initiate, and build relationships with other Marlin Spring teams to ensure cross-functional alignment of investment decisions and direction
- Minimum 3+ years of real estate investment experience in the seniors’ housing industry. Experience in investment banking and private equity is also preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of real estate capital markets and transactions, real estate fundamentals and drivers of value, real estate operational and investment dynamics
- Must have demonstrated high level of professionalism, sophisticated communication and organization skills, and the ability to generate a positive and highly-driven team dynamic
What It’s Like to Work at Marlin Spring:
Marlin Spring is a fast growing company with an enthusiastic, dynamic and engaging corporate culture. We foster a professional, transparent philosophy that promotes talent and acumen while providing our team with a contemporary, progressive and adaptive working environment. We take pride in our culture of friendship and collaboration and achieve this by maintaining open and thoughtful leadership and guide our team members towards personal growth and success. We celebrate our milestones together with regular social events and enjoy spending time together as a team.