As the Marlin Spring Construction Management team progresses with the pre-construction work at the Dawes Condo site, we’re pleased to share some information and photos regarding the preservation work of the heritage buildings on site.
Historically, the area at the corner of Danforth Avenue and Dawes Road where this condo is located, was once home to several historic settlements with inns, hotels, and stores, including the village of Dawes’ Corners in 1850.
The heritage buildings on the property were constructed in c. 1895 and 1905 and originally functioned as a grist and flour mill and a grain elevator.
The structures are valued as rare surviving structures and for their association with the theme of the railway and the subsequent activity of milling, which were significant in the development of the village of Little York during the late-nineteenth and early-twentieth centuries.
Marlin Spring is proud to be preserving these historical sites which will help yield information that contributes to our understanding of the development of various historic settlements in this area.
We look forward to building the Dawes, which will bring over 600 new condominium homes within two towers to this burgeoning Danforth neighbourhood.
We’ll continue to post updates as construction continues on this exciting development project.